I’ve been wanting to add something to either side of my television in my bedroom for a while and thought to make my own easy farmhouse DIY topiaries. This was a simple and inexpensive craft that took only an hour or so to make!
Most of the necessities for this project were purchased from the Dollar Tree such as the clay pots, the rocks and the foam circles. I purchased the boxwood orbs a while ago and had the twigs from a previous project so I already had those on hand, but they can easily be substituted for something else.
What You Will Need
- Clay Pots (2) – These clay pots came in a 2-pack.
- Styrofoam Circles (2) – These also came in a 2-pack.
- Orbs of Your Choice (2) – I used Boxwood.
- 1 Bunch of Twigs – You can use large or small.
- 1 Pouch of Rocks – The smaller the better.
- Hot Glue Gun
- White Acrylic Paint – Mix this with water to create a wash. (optional)
Below I’ve included the steps on how to make your own topiaries with the pictures because I feel like it would be easier to reference.
I’m really quite happy with how my farmhouse DIY topiaries came out. I think that they add a nice touch to my dresser without getting in the way of my t.v. screen.