Looking for a fun way to color Easter eggs this year? You’ll want to try this fun and easy DIY fizzy dyed Easter egg idea! With just a few household supplies, you can create your own one-of-a-kind Easter eggs.
What You’ll Need For This Project
- Baking Soda
- White Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Food Coloring
- Cups or Egg Holders
- Large Bowl
- 1 Cup of Water
- Rubber Gloves (optional)
- Paper Towels (optional)
Directions To Make Your Easter Eggs
- Create baking soda paint using a tablespoon of Baking Soda, a few teaspoons of water, and food coloring. Mix it together until you have the consistency you want by adding a little at a time. The more baking soda you add, the more fizz you’ll get!
- Use a paintbrush and paint the eggs with your mixture.
- Drop a few drops of food coloring onto your eggs for added color.
- Pour vinegar on top of each egg and watch the fizz.
- Repeat steps 2, 3, and 4 until you get the color you want. Repeat with each egg.
- You can either remove the excess vinegar with a paper towel or let them air-dry.
Here’s a look at some of ours. We were going for a pastel colors so we opted to not repeat the steps, but you can make yours as bright as you’d like!
This DIY fizzy dyed Easter egg idea was originally found from Arm & Hammer. It’s such a fun twist on a classic Easter project. If you’re interested in all of the awesome colors you can achieve with food coloring for added fun, check out my Bright & Vivid Easter Egg Coloring chart post!