Ever find things around your house you dread cleaning because it takes way too long to get clean? I think we’ve all had to deal with it at some point. When it comes to cleaning, there is always something more important we could be doing and I’m sure you all will agree. With these cleaning tips, you’ll clean less and do what you really want to do!
1. Let’s talk about deodorizing your refrigerator. When you have a stinky fridge, it can easily affect your food such as milk and eggs. Here’s a not-so-obvious solution. Try newspapers! By lining your shelves and drawers with newspapers, you can eliminate odors because newspaper naturally absorbs it.
2. There is a simple way to unclog and maintain your drains whether it’s your tub sink or shower. Once a month, pour 1/2 cup of baking soda down the drain followed by 1/2 cup of white vinegar. Allow this to foam for about 5 minutes to loosen the gunky buildup. Rinse with a full pan or kettle of boiling water.
3. Ever wonder how to remove the built up grime on your stove? When you notice this buildup, simply take cloths rinsed with hot water and lay over the grimy area for roughly 10 minutes. After sitting, wipe softened gunk away with the same cloths.
4. Keep soap scum under control by storing a spare towel in the bathroom. Use the towel after a shower to dry walls, doors, fixtures and corners where water sits. To remove existing soap scum from your shower, use a damp dryer sheet.
5. It can be hard sometimes to remove all of the lint from light shades and it’s definitely not something you’d want to look at. An easy way to remove the dusty buildup is with a lint roller. Continue rolling until all dust is gone and you won’t have a sneeze to shed.
Below is a cleaning list I updated from last year. It is free for you to download to keep your cleaning organized! This printable is set up in 3 easy to follow categories to make sure your home stays clean all year long.